As a result of the collaboration carried aout by two units of NANBIOSIS, U4. Biodeposition and Biodetection Unit and U2. Custom Antibody Service (CAbS), it has been developed a compact and simple nanoplasmonic sensing device based on gold nanodisks for the rapid monitoring of acenocoumarol, using highly specific polyclonal antibodies produced against the drug Acenocoumarol (Sintrom®) which implies:
- A label-free nanoplasmonic device for the rapid monitoring of acenocoumarol in plasmaD.
- Direct quantification in real time requiring low sample volume is achieved.
- Non-specific interferences from plasma are minimized using the developed methodology.
- Excellent accuracy has been observed measuring blind plasma samples.
- Potential to be implemented as a POC device in decentralized settings.
The research details have been published in the article authored by E. CristinaPeláez, M.-CarmenEstevez, AlejandroPortela, J.-PabloSalvador, M.-PilarMarco and Laura M.Lechuga, “Nanoplasmonic biosensor device for the monitoring of acenocoumarol therapeutic drug in plasma, Biosensors and Bioelectronic, 119, 2018, 149-155 – DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2018.08.011