U6. Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit
- U6-S01. Use of High-pressure laboratory-scale plant with 50, 100 and 300 m reactors for the processing of biomaterials. Processing of cytotoxic compounds when required. (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S02. High-pressure phase analysis – solubility, emulsification (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S03. Thermal analysis of solid materials(Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S04. Analysis of particle size, concentration and Z-potential of nanoparticles (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S05. Analysis of particle morphology (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S06. Fluorescence spectroscopic analysis (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S07. UV-Vis spectroscopic analysis (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S08. Visual observation (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S09. Centrifugation (On-site)
- U6-S10. Treatment of sample by ultrasound probe (On-site)
- U6-S11. Specific density of powders (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S12. Packed (tapped) density(On-site) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S13. Detection of labeled nanoparticles and exosomes by fluorescence mode (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S14. Quantitative studies of biomolecular interactions by calorimetric measurements (On-site) OUTSTANDING
FOR THOSE SERVICES IDENTIFIED AS OUTSTANDING, AT LEAST 20% OF THEIR CAPACITY IS OPEN UNDER COMPETITIVE ACCESS. SEE ANNEX 1 OF ACCESS PROTOCOL FOR DETAILS ON % OF OPENNESS FOR EACH SERVICE
- U6-E01. High-pressure laboratory-scale plant with 50, 100 and 300 ml reactors for the processing of biomaterials.
- U6-E02. High-pressure phase analyzer for studying the thermodynamic behaviour of materials.
- U6-E03. Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS particle size analyzer.
- U6-E04. Nanosight LM -20 for Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis.
- U6-E05. Nanosight NS-300 for Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis by fluorescence mode.
- U6-E06. Perkin-Elmer DSC 8500 differential scanning calorimeter.
- U6-E07. Olympus BX51 optical microscope with heating plate and fluorescence accessories.
- U6-E08. Perkin-Elmer LS 45 fluorescence spectrometer.
- U6-E09. Varian Cary 5 UV -Vis spectrometer.
- U6-E10. Quantachrome Ultrapyc 1200e helium pycnometer.
- U6-E11. Ultrasound probe and Autotap instrument for packed density measurements of powders.
- U6-E12. Malvern Morphologi G3 for advanced particle morphologi characterization.
- U6-E13. Microcalorimeter for measurements of biomolecular binding properties under Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC)
- U6-E14. Four Glove Dispensing isolator for expermiments with highly active and cytotoxic compounds
|Title||Fundin: Organism||Call: Funding source||Role|
|GA: 720942||SMART FUNCTIONAL GLA-NANOFORMULATION FOR FABRY DISEASE – Smart-4-Fabry||Unión Europea (Comisión Europea)||H2020-NMBP-2016-2017||Coordinator|
|SAF2017-90810-REDI||Strategic Promotion and coordinated management of Nanbiosis: Pronanbiosis II||Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI)||Acciones de dinamización «REDES DE EXCELENCIA» -ICTS 2017||Coordinator|
|Ref||Title||Funding Organism||Unit Role|
|PI15/00272||Design of intelligent nanoconjugates for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.||Instituto de Salud Carlos III||Participant|
|H2020-MSCA-ITN-2014-642196||Integrated self-assembled SWITCHable systems and materials: towards responsive organic electronics - a multi-site innovative training action i-Switch||Unión Europea H2020||Participant|
|2014 SGR 17||Consolidation Research Group: Molecular Nanociènciai Materials Orgànics (NANOMOL)||Generalitat de Catalunya||Participant|
|CTQ2013-40480-R||Molecular Bio- and Electro-active materials for the improvement of health and social well-being (Be-Well)||MICINN||Participant|
|FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN nº 607721||Nanochemistry of molecular materials for 2-photon functional applications. Nano2Fun||Unión Europea||Participant|
|MAT2013-50036-EXP||Cell Surface Vessel Engineering Using Dynamic Molecular Bioinfecting (DYNAMO)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2016-4567-1||Nanocapsules containing active ingredients for the topical treatment of dermatological diseases (NANO4DERM)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2014-2183-S||Application of Quatsomes technology for the development of a new range of perfumed softeners with lower environmental impact||MINECO||Participant|
|201260E080||Self-assembly, Nanostructuring and Processing of Functional Organic Molecules and their Applications||Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación||Participant|
|MAT2016-80826-R||Molecular materials and supramolecular organizations for therapy, diagnosis and tissue engineering (MOTHER)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2014-2207-1||TERARMET: Development of therapies for the treatment of rare congenital metabolic diseases||MINECO||Participant|
- Munoz-Gomez J.L., Monteagudo E., Lloveras V., Parella T., Veciana J., Vidal-Gancedo J.. Optimized polarization build-up times in dissolution DNP-NMR using a benzyl amino derivative of BDPA. RSC Advances. 2016;6(32):27077-27082.
- Cordoba A., Hierro-Oliva M., Pacha-Olivenza M.A., Fernandez-Calderon M.C., Perello J., Isern B. et al. Direct Covalent Grafting of Phytate to Titanium Surfaces through Ti-O-P Bonding Shows Bone Stimulating Surface Properties and Decreased Bacterial Adhesion. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2016;8(18):11326-11335.
- Cabrera I., Abasolo I., Corchero J.L., Elizondo E., Gil P.R., Moreno E. et al. α-Galactosidase-A Loaded-Nanoliposomes with Enhanced Enzymatic Activity and Intracellular Penetration. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 2016;5(7):829-840.
- Cano-Garrido O., Sanchez-Chardi A., Pares S., Giro I., Tatkiewicz W.I., Ferrer-Miralles N. et al. Functional protein-based nanomaterial produced in microorganisms recognized as safe: A new platform for biotechnology. Acta Biomaterialia. 2016;43:230-239.
Targeting antitumoral proteins to breast cancer by local administration of functional inclusion bodies
Three units of NANBIOSIS have collaborated in obtaining the research results published in the article “Targeting Antitumoral Proteins to Breast Cancer by Local Administration of Functional Inclusion Bodies” published by Advanced Science Protein production and DLS have been partially performed by the Unit 1 of ICTS NANBIOSIS Protein Production Platform (PPP) and the Unit 6 NANBIOBIS Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit. Biodistribution and immunohistochemistry assays were performed at NANBIOSIS U20 In Vivo Experimental Platform/FVPR Two structurally and functionally unrelated proteins, namely Omomyc and p31, are engineered as CD44‐targeted inclusion bodies produced in recombinant bacteria. In this unusual particulate form, both types[...]
New publication by scientists of NANBIOSIS Unit 6 aims to motivate scientific community to start a new research line for organic and bio-organic electronics focused on the device fabrication
Researchers of Nanomol Group, coordinator of NANBIOSIS U6 of CIBER-BBN and ICMAB-CSIC, led by Inma Ratera and Jaume Veciana have publish a new article titled “Reversible switching of the Au(111) work function by near infrared irradiation with a bistable SAM based on a radical donor–acceptor dyad“, at Journal of Materials Chemistry C. Article: https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2019/TC/C9TC00906J#!divAbstract[...]
Nanomol group initiates contact with the AEMPS to bring a new treatment against venous leg ulcers to the clinic
Researchers of the Nanomol group, ICMAB-CSIC and CIBER-BBN members of the ICTS “NANBIOSIS”, specifically of the Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring unit (U6), together with the company Nanomol Technologies S.L. have begun a consultation process with the Spanish Association of Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS) to try and enter a new treatment in a clinical studies stage, to fight against venous ulcers in lower extremities. The study is carried out within the framework of the RIS3CAT NANONAFRES project. Approximately, 80% of ulcers in lower extremities have associated pathologies of venous insufficiency and these wounds are usually recurrent. An open ulcer can[...]
Last June 18-22 at the 2019, ESC meeting, the European Students Colloid Conference, that took place in Varna, Bulgaria, Judit Tomsen, PhD fellow at the Nanomol group from CIBER-BBN and ICMAB-CSIC, was awarded with the best oral presentation. Judit Tomsen, who carries out her work under supervision of Nora Ventosa, Scientific Director of NANBIOSIS U6 Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit, presented her oral communication entitled “Design of peptide targeted nanovesicles for the α-galactosidase A enzyme delivery“. Her talk explained some of the smart4fabry european project results, a project coordinated by CIBER-BBN and Nora Ventosa in which participates NANBIOSIS Unit 6. The European Colloids and Interfaces Society (ECIS) organizes biannually ESC meetings of advanced students at PhD and MSc[...]
Mechanism of interaction of a material (pharmaceutical, food, construction, chemical, etc.) with moisture or with any organic vapor.
Next June 11, 2019, from 09:30h to 17:00h, will take place in Eureka Building – Parc de Recerca, UAB (Barcelona), a Scientific-Theoretical / Practical Workshop on: DYNAMIC SORPTION OF VAPORS (DVS – DYNAMIC VAPOR SORPTION) AND CHARACTERIZATION OF MATERIALS (iGC / SEA – INVERSE GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY / SURFACE ENERGY ANALYZER) FOR THE ANALYSIS OF THE SORTION OF WATER AND ORGANIC VAPORS, AND CHARACTERIZATION OF MATERIALS AND SURFACES. The event is organized by IESMAT, S.A. in collaboration with Nanomol Technologies SL, the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC), Surface Measurement Systems (SMS) and the Center for Biomedical Research in Network[...]
Infertility: Exosomal microRNAs in seminal plasma as sensitive and specific biomarkers of the presence of testicular spermatozoa for azoospermia
NANBIOSIS ICTS coordination equipment has recently received from researchers of Human Molecular Genetics Group of Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) a publication mentioning NANBIOSIS in the Acknowledgements for its participation in the results of its investigations. The article has been publish by the journal Human Reproduction of OXFORD UNIV PRESS with Quartile 1/ Decile 1. The study carried out by Maria Barcelo, Ana Mata, Lluís Bassas, and Sara Larriba demonstrates the potential of several miRNAs contained in small extracellular vesicles (sEVs) of seminal fluid as sensitive and specific biomarkers for selecting those azoospermic individuals with real chances of obtaining spermatozoa[...]
NANOMOL group, coordinator of NANBIOSIS Unit 6 collaborates with the VHIR in the developement of a new nanomedicine for the treatment of a childhood cancer
Within the MOTHER project (Molecule-based materials and supramolecular organizations for therapy, diagnosis and tissue engineering), the NANOMOL group from ICMAB collaborates with the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Research (VHIR), on the developement of a new nanomedicine for the treatment of high risk neuroblastoma, one of the most typical childhood cancers. Now, researchers from VHIR have identified new microRNAs that reduce the progression of this type of cancer. The participation of NANOMOL group and NANBIOSIS unit 6 Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit, as experts in nanoparticles and nanovesciles for nanomedicine, is on the synthesis of the adequate nanocapsules to protect, stabilize and direct this microRNAs molecules to t[...]
Today February 11 is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science, a day to raise awareness of the gender gap in science and technology. According to the United Nations, while yet women and girls continue to be excluded from participating fully in science, science and gender equality are vital to achieve the internationally agreed development goals, including the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Thus, in recent years, the international community has made a great effort to inspire and promote the participation of women and girls in science. NANBIOSIS wants to acknowledge the efforts made by scientific women who struggle every day to contribut[...]