The range of medical imaging capabilities available within this Unit allow for large animal diagnostic imaging, with the possibility to integrate all the information on body organs,systems, specific diseases or animal models, etc., that can be obtained with different imaging systems,such as clinical grade Magnetic Resonance Imaging, ultrasonography CT and fluoroscopy. This Unit is highly focused on cardiovascular diseases imaging and therapy, offering a comprehensive cardiac minimally invasive service ranging from disease modeling to therapy evaluation. Regulatory requirements prior to introducing a new medical diagnostic or therapeutic technology in clinical practice determine a mandatory preclinical validation in animal models; an scenario for which this Unit is especially suited.
- U24-E01. Fluoroscopy
- U24-E02. Digital subtraction angiography system
- U24-E03. Ultrasound scanner
- U24-E04. Computed Tomography (CT) scanner
- U24-E05. 1.5T Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) system
- U24-E06. Cardiac electrophysiology lab with navigation (CARTO XP) and biotherapeutics delivery (NOGA XP) systems