The JUMISC Animal Housing Unit provides services to companies and research groups in many preclinical trials. This unit advises designs and conducts preclinical validation on demand. It has qualified professionals to design, monitor and validate any type of biomedical study. In addition this unit has been certified by the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS) for studies in “Dosing of test substance and non-clinical specimen drawing” and “Biocompatibility studies of medical devices”. These two new certifications are attached to existing “in vivo toxicity”, “Tolerance” and “Pharmacodynamics”. All these certifications allow NANBIOSIS members to perform studies to verify the effectiveness, safety and biocompatibility of nanotechnology under development. A most singular fact makes this unit is the possibility of housing, maintaining and supervising large animals for preclinical validations. This Service has extensive experience in handling and care of minipigs and what it entails use in preclinical studies.
Its perimeter area is 3,200 m2, and the net floor area is 2,865 m2. It has large rooms to house the experimental animals according to their species characteristics (age, sex, weight, breed) and to the research projects they are assigned to. Among the equipment and facilities include: rooms for the maintenance of large animals, rooms for maintaining small ruminants, barrier zone for maintenance of rodents under SPF conditions, integrated operating room within the barrier area, multi-use rooms for rodents and lagomorphs maintenance, room for receipt and handling of animals, quarantine rooms pre-experimental process, room to perform small procedures and cures and preparation rooms for large animals prior to the surgical area.
This unit has facilities with a perimeter area of 3,200 m2 and it has large rooms to house the experimental animals according to their species characteristics.
- U22-S01. Animal Housing (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U22-S02. In vivo experimental design/consultancy for preclinal studies (On-site&Remote)
- U22-S03. In vivo toxicology in rodent and non-rodent species (On-site)
- U22-S04. In vivo biocompatibility studies of medical devices in rodent and non-rodent species (On-site)
- U22-S05. In vivo PK/PD assays in rodent and non-rodent species (On-site)
- U22-S06. In vivo safety and effcacy studies of nanomaterials, biomaterials and new drugs in rodent and non-rodent species (On-site) OUTSTANDING
- U22-S07. Development of animal models of disease in large animals (On-site) OUTSTANDING
- U22-S08. Dosing of test substances and non clinical specimen drawing in rodent and non-rodent species (On-site) OUTSTANDING
FOR THOSE SERVICES IDENTIFIED AS OUTSTANDING, AT LEAST 20% OF THEIR CAPACITY IS OPEN UNDER COMPETITIVE ACCESS. SEE ANNEX 1 OF ACCESS PROTOCOL FOR DETAILS ON % OF OPENNESS FOR EACH SERVICE
- U22-E01. Rooms for the maintenance of large animals
- U22-E02. Rooms for maintaining small ruminants
- U22-E03. Barrier zone for maintenance of rodentsunder SPF conditions
- U22-E04. Integrated operating room with in the barrier area
- U22-E05. Multi-use rooms for rodents and lagomorphs maintenance
- U22-E06. Room for receipt and handling of animals
- U22-E07. Quarantine rooms pre-experimental process
- U22-E08. Room to perform small procedures and cures and preparation rooms for large animals prior to the surgical area
- U22-E09. Metabolic cages to perform toxicity studies in rodents
|Title||Fundin: Organism||Call: Funding source||Role|
|SAF2017-90810-REDI||Strategic Promotion and coordinated management of Nanbiosis: Pronanbiosis II||Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI)||Acciones de dinamización «REDES DE EXCELENCIA» -ICTS 2017||Coordinator|