U15-S01. Magnetometry (Remote) OUTSTANDING
Magnetometry on nanoparticles in solid form, ultra thin films, powders, liquids and even slurries:
- Magnetization curves.
- Coercitivity (normal and remanent).
- Magnetization vs. time curves.
- First Order Reversal Curves (FORC) diagrams.
- Diamagnetic and paramagnetic susceptibility.
- S* (measurement of the gradient in the second quadrant).
- Remanent and saturation magnetization.
- Initial permeability.
Measurements of magnetic properties of materials:
- Diamagnetic, paramagnetic and ferromagnetic materials.
- Magnetic recording media.
- Magnetoresistive Random-Access Memory (MRAM).
- Amorphous metals.
- Giant Magnetoresistance Effect (GMR).
- Measurements of magnetization of rock, sediment and organic samples.
- Detection of small nanoparticles inside biological tissue in order to study the biodistribution and toxicity.
- Study of the iron levels which are associated with some types of neurodegenerative disease.