The service includes the housing of mice or rats to be able to carry out longitudinal studies, the administration, if applicable, of contrast agents, or radiopharmaceuticals for PET. Acquisition of both T1-weighted and T2-weighted images, as well as colocalized with the PET image. Volume measurement.
In addition to the typical studies in 3T preclinical imaging equipment, the possibility of varying the angle of the bed with respect to the horizontal makes it especially interesting for vascular and plant studies.
- Qualitative and quantitative studies (relaxation times T1 and T2 and even making maps) at the brain level and other organs.Cardiological sequences: diffusion, determination of blood volume…
- Anatomical and functional studies of different organs (for example: renal, abdominal, liver…).
- Bone-level imaging, distinguish between bone material from soft tissue.
- Fat suppression techniques.
- Oncological studies to detect and locate tumors and volume calculation.
- Carry out studies on fruits and vegetables (grapes, kiwi, tomato, seeds…).
- Perform studies with/without contrast (Gadolinium) and see the differences between the 2 images.
- Thanks to the possibility of rotating the equipment in a vertical position, images of plants can be obtained (because by their nature, they have to be in a vertical orientation, such as a stem). Ex-vivo studies can also be carried out vertically and in this way we maintain the integrity of the organ (eg heart).