– Rotational speed: 100 to 12.000 rpm.
– Vacuum chucks: 45 and 100 mm diameters. Designed to locked substrates firmly, without deflection, and operate at very high rotational speed.
– Fragment adapters: 3 to 10 mm; 5 to 25 mm; 10 to 50 mm. Holders with an O-ring seal to maintain the vacuum level and at the same time cushion the substrate.
• Optical Microscopy
– The Epi-illuminator with 12V/100w halogen lamp allows bright images to be obtained irrespective of the observation method used: brightfield, darkfield, Nomarski or polarized observations.
– Microscope objective lenses: 5x, 10x, 20x, and 100x.
– Minimum Fine focus gradation: 1 µm.
– Microscope camera head (1380×1027 pixels) ideal for image acquisition.
– Software specially designed to measure the distances of the features in the images. With these data, it is able to establish a scale bar that can be displayed on the image.
– Computer controlled measurements
– High-resolution camera for color video of a 2.6 mm area.
– Variable intensity illumination for viewing samples with differing reflectivity.
– Stylus radius: 2.5 µm and 5 µm
– Stylus tracking force: 1-15 mg
– Vertical Range: up to 262 µm
– Scan Length Range: from 50 µm to 30 mm
– Vertical Resolution: down to 1 Å
– Horizontal Resolution is controlled by the scan speed
– Mechanical and optical components for sample placement, viewing and scanning.
– Manual Stage X-Y Position and sample stage rotation.
– Measurement modes:
o Vertical Shift Interferometry (VSI), based on white light vertical scanning interferometry, is used for measuring features in the range of 140 nm to several µm.
o Phase Shift Interferometry (PSI), based on optical phase shifting, is dedicated to roughness measurements. Small features (1 to 140 nm) can be measured.
– The system has an automated stitching stage for large area coverage.E40
– Light Source: tungsten halogen lamp. Its brightness can be adjusted.
– 2 objective lenses included with the interferometer are available: Michelson (5.0X) and Mirau (50X).
– Field-of-View (FOV) Lenses available: 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0. FOV are lenses placed between the camera and the objective lens to adjust the field size of view.
– CCD camera to transfer the images to a computer for analysis.
– Software Vision32®. Enables advanced calculations of various surface parameters and image processing.
o Vertical measurement range: 0.1 nm to 1 mm
o Vertical resolution: 1 < 1 Å Ra
o Vertical scan speed up to 7.2 µm/sec
o Lateral spatial sampling 0.08 to 13.1 µm
o Field-of-View 8.24 mm to 0.05 mm (larger areas with data stitching mode)
• Electron-beam evaporator
Univex 450B (Oerlikon Leybold Vacuum, Germany)
Adapted for sputtering, thermal evaporation and electron beam processes.
Thin film coatings can be deposited on a wide variety of substrate materials such as: metals, plastics, semiconductors, ceramics and glass.
Substrate sizes that can be accommodated in the machine range anywhere from 1mm (any shape) up to 254mm (diameter).
• The system contains two material pockets for deposition of single and multilayers.
Electron Beam Physical Vapor Deposition or EBPVD
• The system contains four material pockets for deposition of single and multilayers.
• DC sputtering for conducting materials. Up to 1000W
• RF sputtering for dielectric materials. Up to 600W