Jesús Izco, Coordinator of NANBIOSIS participated in Core Technologies for Life Science 2016 that took place last 12 – 15 Jun at EMBL in Heidelberg, Germany, taking a unique opportunity to listen and discuss with colleagues and peers about challenges and solutions on all aspects of core facilities and infrastructures. Special mention requires the meeting with Patrick England coordinator of ARBRE, to treat NANBIOSIS participation in the V work package of Cost Action MOBIEU.
CTLS 2016 brought together not only scientists, technicians and managers, but also decision makers and opinion leaders involved in Core Technology facilities and resource laboratories in all fields of Life Science.
At the conference the following topics were discussed:
• New technologies and methodologies developed by and with Life Science core facilities
• Project & data management and quality control in and by Life Science core facilities
• Core facility administrative, human resource and financial management
• Teaching and training by and for Life Science core facilities
• Building networks, communities and lobbies involving Life Science core facilities.