U2. Custom Antibody Service (CAbS)
- Scientific Director: Prof. Pilar Marco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scientific Coordinator: Dra. Nuria Pascual email@example.com
- Entities: Institute of Avanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC) & Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
- Address: Jordi Girona, 18-26, 088034, Barcelona, Spain
- Phone: +34 934 006 100
- Web: IQAC- CSIC
The facility is located in the Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC-CSIC; Barcelona). It is equipped with a laboratory for the development and production of monoclonal antibodies. The laboratory is fully equipped for obtaining, selecting and storing monoclonal antibody producing hybridomas. In addition, the facility has infrastructure for the production of polyclonal antibodies, as well as laboratories for the synthesis of bioconjugates, haptens, the purification of antibodies and the performance of immunoassays. In addition to the above mentioned equipment, the IQAC-CSIC provides animal husbandry facilities and a unit for the synthesis of organic molecules.
The equipment consists in an inverted phase contrast microscope with a camera, two Class II laminar flow biological safety cabinets, two CO2 incubators, a bioreactor for hybridoma culture, and tangential filtration unit for purification of the antibodies produced in the culture. Among the items of available equipment it should be highlighted a spotter for selection of high antibody producing cell lines and an automated ELISA microplate washer an ELISA reader, two AKTA Prime Liquid chromatography systems for antibody purification, plus standard equipment (centrifuges, fridges, liquid nitrogen containers, autoclave, baths, and vacuum equipment) and all the necessary routine laboratory apparatus.Cabs also has access to a fully equipped chemistry laboratory for the synthesis of haptens and immunoreagents.
- U2-S01. Scientific and technical support (Remote)
- U2-S02. Hapten synthesis (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S03. Preparation of bioconjugates and molecular probes (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S04. Polyclonal Antibody Production (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S05. Monoclonal Antibody development (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S06. Hybridoma cell culture antibody production (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S07. Antibody purification (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U2-S08. Inmunochemical methods development (Remote) OUTSTANDING
FOR THOSE SERVICES IDENTIFIED AS OUTSTANDING, AT LEAST 20% OF THEIR CAPACITY IS OPEN UNDER COMPETITIVE ACCESS. SEE ANNEX 1 OF ACCESS PROTOCOL FOR DETAILS ON % OF OPENNESS FOR EACH SERVICE
- U2-E01. Cell culture laboratory for hybridoma production.
- U2-E02. HiClass II Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet (2 units)
- U2-E03. Inverted Microscope Leica DM IL LED with CCD camera
- U2-E04. CO2 cell culture incubator with UV contamination control (2 units)
- U2-E05. AKTA Prime FPLC system for purification of proteins
- U2-E06 Tangential Flow Filtration System (KrosFlo® Research Iii)
- U2-E07. Laboratory fully equipped for immunochemical methods.
- U2-E08. Laboratory perfectly equipped for chemical synthesis (to hapten synthesis)
- U2-E09. Animal facility.
U2 unit of Nanbiosis (Custom antibody service) has recently signed a 3-year contract with UNISENSOR S.A. (Liege, Belgium) for producing on a high scale a collection of immunoreagents used in their diagnostic kits. UNISENSOR S.A. is a SME biotech company that develops on site diagnostic systems for food safety. Unit 2 of NANBIOSIS, coordinated by Nb4D-CSIC holds a research collaboration for more than 7 years developing new bioproducts and transferring knowledge to UNISENSOR S.A. As result of the collaboration several diagnostic kits are nowadays in the market, consequently this contract has been signed with the aim to supply UNISENSOR S.A. with immunoreagents for their[...]
La Caixa has just presented the twenty projects selected by CaixaImpulse in a call with more than 70 proposals from different research centres, hospitals and universities. CaixaImpulse is an initiative unique in Spain that aims to boost research in biotechnology and life sciences to develop projects that generate value in society. Among the selected projects there are two coordinated by NANBIOSIS researchers: Pseudomonas aeruginosa diagnosis led by Miriam Corredor Sánchez (Unit 2 of NANBIOSIS) and ISCHEMSURG, led by Monica Mir (Unit 7 of NANBIOSIS). In addition, the project ExoLiver, in which participates Rosa Villa and the research group coordinating Unit 8[...]
The Nb4D group of CSIC, coordinator of Unit 2 of NANBIOSIS led by Pilar Marco has joined the consortium for the FoodSmartPhone project funded by the Marie Sklodowska Curie Research Program. The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) support training in research and professional development aimed at innovation skills. The objective of the project is to develop a smartphone-based diagnostic and detection tool for simplified quick pre-selection of food quality and safety parameters. This is because food safety and quality tests are currently inefficient, expensive and ineffective and can not guarantee food safety for all consumers or prevent possible incidents of food[...]
The Nanobiotechnology for Diagnostics Group (Nb4D), the host group for the Custom Antibody Service of Unit 2 of NANBIOSIS was recently awarded with grant that ACCIÓ provides to groups who are seeking to be accredited with the TECNIO seal. The aim is to help define and boost their action plans for technology transfer. These grants are destined at financing for 3 years the integration of these groups in the UAB-CEI sphere of the TECNIO network. The group will use this finance for activities related to the execution during the first year of a growth plan to increase their technology transfer[...]