• Using the touchscreen control, three different cryo-modes are available:
– High gas flow, increased gaseous nitrogen flow reduces ice contamination below -140 °C.
– Wet sectioning, to set a temperature difference of up to 130 °C between knife (-40 °C) and specimen (-170 °C), which is useful for, e.g., DMSO applications.
• Leica EM CRION ionizer with electrostatic charge and discharge functions controlled by foot switches greatly improves the method of cryosection collection.
• The attachable micromanipulator provides precise positioning of the grid to make section collection easier than ever before.
• Multiple lighting angles using the patented LED chamber illumination provide excellent visibility for section manipulation and pick up.
• Contact-free, through-the-wall specimen arm makes the instrument highly stable for chatter-free cryosectioning.
• Heated chamber walls prevent icing over a prolonged working time and enhance user comfort.
• Especially for frozen hydrated sectioning or the Tokuyasu method, the Leica EM CRION with electrostatic discharge and charge mode used with the micromanipulator provides outstanding cryo sectioning performance.