U6. Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit
- U6-S01. Use of High-pressure laboratory-scale plant with 50, 100 and 300 m reactors for the processing of biomaterials. Processing of cytotoxic compounds when required. (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S02. High-pressure phase analysis – solubility, emulsification (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S03. Thermal analysis of solid materials(Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S04. Analysis of particle size, concentration and Z-potential of nanoparticles (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S05. Analysis of particle morphology (Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S06. Fluorescence spectroscopic analysis (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S07. UV-Vis spectroscopic analysis (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S08. Visual observation (On-site&Remote)
- U6-S09. Centrifugation (On-site)
- U6-S10. Treatment of sample by ultrasound probe (On-site)
- U6-S11. Specific density of powders (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S12. Packed (tapped) density(On-site) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S13. Detection of labeled nanoparticles and exosomes by fluorescence mode (On-site&Remote) OUTSTANDING
- U6-S14. Quantitative studies of biomolecular interactions by calorimetric measurements (On-site) OUTSTANDING
FOR THOSE SERVICES IDENTIFIED AS OUTSTANDING, AT LEAST 20% OF THEIR CAPACITY IS OPEN UNDER COMPETITIVE ACCESS. SEE ANNEX 1 OF ACCESS PROTOCOL FOR DETAILS ON % OF OPENNESS FOR EACH SERVICE
- U6-E01. High-pressure laboratory-scale plant with 50, 100 and 300 ml reactors for the processing of biomaterials.
- U6-E02. High-pressure phase analyzer for studying the thermodynamic behaviour of materials.
- U6-E03. Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS particle size analyzer.
- U6-E04. Nanosight LM -20 for Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis.
- U6-E05. Nanosight NS-300 for Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis by fluorescence mode.
- U6-E06. Perkin-Elmer DSC 8500 differential scanning calorimeter.
- U6-E07. Olympus BX51 optical microscope with heating plate and fluorescence accessories.
- U6-E08. Perkin-Elmer LS 45 fluorescence spectrometer.
- U6-E09. Varian Cary 5 UV -Vis spectrometer.
- U6-E10. Quantachrome Ultrapyc 1200e helium pycnometer.
- U6-E11. Ultrasound probe and Autotap instrument for packed density measurements of powders.
- U6-E12. Malvern Morphologi G3 for advanced particle morphologi characterization.
- U6-E13. Microcalorimeter for measurements of biomolecular binding properties under Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC)
- U6-E14. Four Glove Dispensing isolator for expermiments with highly active and cytotoxic compounds
|Title||Fundin: Organism||Call: Funding source||Role|
|GA: 720942||SMART FUNCTIONAL GLA-NANOFORMULATION FOR FABRY DISEASE – Smart-4-Fabry||Unión Europea (Comisión Europea)||H2020-NMBP-2016-2017||Coordinator|
|SAF2017-90810-REDI||Strategic Promotion and coordinated management of Nanbiosis: Pronanbiosis II||Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI)||Acciones de dinamización «REDES DE EXCELENCIA» -ICTS 2017||Coordinator|
|Ref||Title||Funding Organism||Unit Role|
|PI15/00272||Design of intelligent nanoconjugates for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.||Instituto de Salud Carlos III||Participant|
|H2020-MSCA-ITN-2014-642196||Integrated self-assembled SWITCHable systems and materials: towards responsive organic electronics - a multi-site innovative training action i-Switch||Unión Europea H2020||Participant|
|2014 SGR 17||Consolidation Research Group: Molecular Nanociènciai Materials Orgànics (NANOMOL)||Generalitat de Catalunya||Participant|
|CTQ2013-40480-R||Molecular Bio- and Electro-active materials for the improvement of health and social well-being (Be-Well)||MICINN||Participant|
|FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN nº 607721||Nanochemistry of molecular materials for 2-photon functional applications. Nano2Fun||Unión Europea||Participant|
|MAT2013-50036-EXP||Cell Surface Vessel Engineering Using Dynamic Molecular Bioinfecting (DYNAMO)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2016-4567-1||Nanocapsules containing active ingredients for the topical treatment of dermatological diseases (NANO4DERM)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2014-2183-S||Application of Quatsomes technology for the development of a new range of perfumed softeners with lower environmental impact||MINECO||Participant|
|201260E080||Self-assembly, Nanostructuring and Processing of Functional Organic Molecules and their Applications||Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación||Participant|
|MAT2016-80826-R||Molecular materials and supramolecular organizations for therapy, diagnosis and tissue engineering (MOTHER)||MINECO||Participant|
|RTC-2014-2207-1||TERARMET: Development of therapies for the treatment of rare congenital metabolic diseases||MINECO||Participant|
- Munoz-Gomez J.L., Monteagudo E., Lloveras V., Parella T., Veciana J., Vidal-Gancedo J.. Optimized polarization build-up times in dissolution DNP-NMR using a benzyl amino derivative of BDPA. RSC Advances. 2016;6(32):27077-27082.
- Cordoba A., Hierro-Oliva M., Pacha-Olivenza M.A., Fernandez-Calderon M.C., Perello J., Isern B. et al. Direct Covalent Grafting of Phytate to Titanium Surfaces through Ti-O-P Bonding Shows Bone Stimulating Surface Properties and Decreased Bacterial Adhesion. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2016;8(18):11326-11335.
- Cabrera I., Abasolo I., Corchero J.L., Elizondo E., Gil P.R., Moreno E. et al. α-Galactosidase-A Loaded-Nanoliposomes with Enhanced Enzymatic Activity and Intracellular Penetration. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 2016;5(7):829-840.
- Cano-Garrido O., Sanchez-Chardi A., Pares S., Giro I., Tatkiewicz W.I., Ferrer-Miralles N. et al. Functional protein-based nanomaterial produced in microorganisms recognized as safe: A new platform for biotechnology. Acta Biomaterialia. 2016;43:230-239.
- Grimaldi N., Rojas P.E., Stehle S., Cordoba A., Schweins R., Sala S.et al. Pressure-Responsive, Surfactant-Free CO2-Based Nanostructured Fluids. ACS Nano. 2017;11(11):10774-10784.
- Silbaugh D.A., Ferrer-Tasies L., Faraudo J., Veciana J., Ventosa N., Korgel B.A. Highly Fluorescent Silicon Nanocrystals Stabilized in Water Using Quatsomes. Langmuir. 2017;33(50):14366-14377.
- Vinuesa T., Herraez R., Oliver L., Elizondo E., Acarregui A., Esquisabel A. et al. Benznidazolenanoformulates: A chance to improve therapeutics for Chagas disease. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2017;97(5):1469-1476.
- Pesarrodona M., Crosas E., Cubarsi R., Sanchez-Chardi A., Saccardo P., Unzueta U. et al. Intrinsic functional and architectonic heterogeneity of tumor-targeted protein nanoparticles. Nanoscale. 2017;9(19):6427-6435.
Today February 11 is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science, a day to raise awareness of the gender gap in science and technology. According to the United Nations, while yet women and girls continue to be excluded from participating fully in science, science and gender equality are vital to achieve the internationally agreed development goals, including the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Thus, in recent years, the international community has made a great effort to inspire and promote the participation of women and girls in science. NANBIOSIS wants to acknowledge the efforts made by scientific women who struggle every day to contribut[...]
The World Health Organization, the International Cancer Research Center (IARC) and the International Union Against Cancer (UICC) celebrate February 4 of each year as World Cancer Day Every year, 14 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed worldwide and the disease causes 8.2 million deaths. Thanks to scientific research, great advances have been made in the fight against cancer. Through surgery, chemotherapy or radio therapy and, in the last 20 years, through immunotherapy, hormonal treatment or cell therapies, tools have been obtained to improve early diagnosis and treatments, increasing cancer survival by 20%. The only way to understand cancer and,[...]
The XXXVII edition of the Biennial Meeting of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry (RSEQ) will be held from the 26th to the 30th of May in Donostia-San Sebastian. Prof. Jaume Veciana, Scientific Director of NANBIOSIS and unit 06 of NANBIOSIS -ICTS Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit, will present on May 28th 2019 a lecture entitled “Quatsomes. A new family of nanocarriers for drug delivery” at the Simposium “From Chemistry to Nanomedicine” (http://bienal2019.com/simposios.php). In this lecture the advantages and disavatages of such a kind of nanocarriers will be presentaed as well as some of their applications as nanomedicines.” Deadline for sending abstracts: January 30 (http://bienal2019.com/en/communications.php)&nbs[...]
Last November 19, Vall d’Hebron held a seminar on Lysosomal Rare Disorders: Focus on Fabry Disease as part of the Rare Diseases Program at the Vall d’Hebron Campus, in collaboration with the European Commission, the Center for Biomedical Research Network on Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine (CIBER-BBN) and the CIBBIM-Nanomedicine at Vall d Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) through the Smart-4-Fabry projec In the second plenary session, moderated by Nora Ventosa and Simó Schwartz, Scientific Directors of NANBIOSIS units 6 and 20 and devoted to New therapeutic strategies for lysosomal disorders, the speakers presented their findings regarding biomarkers, genetic variants and treatment protocols.[...]
FUNCATH: Prevention of infectious diseases with functionalized catheters awarded by La Marató de TV3
FUNCATH project, coordinated by scientists of NANOMOL group, led by Dr. Imma Ratera, has been awarded by Fundació La Marató de TV3 . NANOMOL is the research group that coordinates NANBIOSIS U6 Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit, from ICMAB-CSIC and CIBER-BBN. Fundació La Marató de TV3 2017 call was dedicated to infectious diseases and awarded 36 projects among the 186 evaluated according to their excellence, methodology and relevance. FUNCATH is the project for Prevention of infections related to vascular catheters by functionalizing catheters impregnated with thermically activatable hydrogels with broad spectrum antimicrobial agents, whose ultimate goal is the development of vascular catheters coated with multibiofunctiona[...]
The Unit 6 of NANBIOSIS, Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit, has organized during the days 8 to 11 of October in the ICMAB-CSIC a course of characterization of Nanoparticles showing some of their techniques to the CSIC researchers. Amable Bernabé, the technician of unit 6 of NANBIOSIS has shown the theory and practice of some methods to characterize nanoparticles and how to handle the necessary equipment. Specifically, these techniques were: Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) with Zetasizer Nano ZS (Malvern Instruments) Size distribution Z Potential Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) with Nanosight NS300 (Malvern Instruments) Size distribution Particle concentration Fluorescence Light Scattering (LS) with Mastersizer 2000 (Malvern[...]
Prof. Jaume Veciana, Scientific Director of NANBIOSIS: Olivier Kahn Plenary Lecture speaker at the ICMM 2018
Prof. Jaume Veciana, Scientific Director of NANBIOSIS has been honored with the Olivier Kahn Plenary Lecture given at the 16th International Conference on Molecule-Based Magnets (ICMM 2018), held on September 1-5, 2018, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For further information: click her[...]
Nathaly Segovia, Scientific coordinator of NANBIOSIS U 6, Biomaterial Processing and naostructuring unit, explains in this video what the objective of her unit , the services they offer and their technologies in the field of drug delivery.[...]