Applications of data-driven dynamics to oncology and neuromodulation
On the 17th of November, CIBER-BBN group TME lab – NANBIOSIS U13 Tissue & Scaffold Characterization Unit. organises the Conference “Applications of data-driven dynamics to oncology and neuromodulation” by Dr. Michael Ortiz.
Michael Ortiz a Frank and Ora Lee Marble Professor Emeritus of Aronautics and Mechanical Engineering at California Institute of Technology. Prior to his arrival at Caltech in 1995, he was Professor of Engineering at Brown University.
Since 2020 he also holds positions as Research Chair in the Institute of Applied Mathematics, University of Bonn and as Adjunct Professor and Timoshenko Distinguished Fellow in the departments of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics and Astronautics of Stanford University.
As main awards, he has received the
- Rodney Hill Prize, International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (IUTAM) 2008.
- Timoshenko Medal, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2015.
- Doctor Honoris Causa, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain, 2019.
- John von Neumann Medal, US Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM), 2019
- Elected Member of the U.S. National Academy of Engineering (NAE). 2013
- Elected Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences (AAAS). 2007
- Corresponding Member, Spanish Academy of Engineering. 1999
- Doctor “Honoris Causa” from the Polytechnique University of Madrid 2019
The event will take place at 12:00 in the Meeting Room of the Betancourt Building in the Campus Rio Ebro, Zaragoza